Day 4, friday, got up, ate a light breakfast, then lactate test, then better lunch/breakfast, then chillin. Walked down to the beach again, beautiful, spent a good bit of time talking to Matt McGovern, a good buddy and two year roommate from IC. Good to catch up and just shoot the shit for a bit on life and his pursuit of the ever elusive Amy Bates. Passed out early Friday night, don't even know what we did really, just that I ate some food and passed out, kinda nervous, not really feeling the 2k but knowing that you gotta do what you gotta do.
Day 5, saturday, up, weighed myself, good weight, then ate a bit of breakfast, just toast, banana, pb, honey. got ready for the piece, warmed up, pulled. 6:34.5. Sort of a disappointing result. I'm not 100% sure of what it was that made it a disappointing piece, but it was. I perhaps, as per usual started out a bit too hard, though at the time I didn't think so because of my 6k result. I was feeling pretty good until about 1300 to go, where the burn started to take over and things started to slip. Let's just let you imagine from there how it went. You have a pretty good idea. Post 2k, was alot of fun, despite the poor result. Here's how the day unfolded:
Finish 2k - in pain - wtf. bah, w/e... bring the 2 contraband ergs back to the boathouse, listen to Jon tell me how I shouldn't be self depricating, because I had a bad piece, and I should just get over it. Well yeah, I mean, a bad piece is a bad piece, but in the same vein, THIS IS WHAT I DO. This is all I do. I row currently. Unfortunatley, I don't have all the money in the world and I have to work 2 jobs this summer and I would like to do some other things with my life too, but I cant right now. So fuck, I think I can be a little disappointed by a bad 2k. Or at least one that didn't go as I would have hoped/thought. I mean, It's pretty fucking frustrating when I put in 2x the time as some other people and their results are better than mine. Not Jon obviously but people in college etc. UGH.
Anyway, we return, Brian inquires about acquiring some beer. I say that sounds like a fabulous Idea. We return to the house with a 12 pack of Sam's Noble Pils. Yum. We down one and then head to long doggers, a hotdog/fish place just up the road. I have a mahi sandwich and some fried plantains, along with 2 more noble pils. yum. Fried plantains are fucking awesome. Absolutely delicious. After we return, we head to the beach, 1 beer in cup, one in back pocket. We see Jon drive by w/ Becca and head exactally where we're headed. We arrive at the beach, we're cracking our beers near the steps to the entrance and brian goes: "cop cop cop cop" we quickly walk up the step and see that he was simply pulling someone over for a traffic violation... phew. then since he was feeling lucky, brian takes a piss right there lol.
we turn the opposite direction and continue our man-date toward the south. We shoot the shit about life and rowing etc... and we drink our nobles and we turn around. We see crazy looking seagulls:
The black spots on top of their heads were what made them kinda crazy lookin. We also saw two chick doing intervals down the beach bare foot, looked like fun, we were a little too inebriated to race them, and to be honest, they looked a little scared of us haha. After turning around, I couldn't resist to dip my feet in the water, so nice, thanks for that gene mom. haha. we strolled back down the beach and I had brian take this pic of me:
He must have hit the button right as my jeans were getting soaked haha. Post beach excursion, we stop off at a CVS which is literally right across the street from the beach, kind of an interesting place for a cvs, and we enter the candy motherlode. I grab some twizzlers, a cadbury caramel egg, and two russell stover eggs, one maple cream, the other coconut cream, not sure if they'll be good. haven't tried them yet. I ate the twizzlers on the way back.Earlier, when we were grabbing the beer, we also picked up the 2nd lord of the rings: the two towers. I made coffee, we drank more beer and watched this long but awesome flick. After that (around 6pm) I was pretty tapped out. My drinking (brian had more staying power) subsided and I began the ritual chugging of water. Today we were supposed to go surfing, not sure that's gonna happen as it's already 9:30 and Jon is just eating breakfast w/ Becca and we've gotta get a row in today. So who knows. Trying to go with the flow. need to get outside though. It's too nice to just hang around all day waiting to row. I'll go insane. Perhaps a run, in 30'ish and then row later, who knows... more to come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment