Wednesday, March 3, 2010

b-more-skis

So, after a couple of days at home, nice... good to be home for sure, headed down to the b-more to see scald. Ended up jetting out earlier than usual which was really nice. I was origionally going to leave thursday afternoon but ended up leaving wednesday night. This is because, with ald and I's luck a jigundo storm was threatening to delay or cancel my bus. So, wednesday ended up becoming a run a round day where I got all the things done that I needed to before leaving home and I was able to catch the bolt bus early. Score.

It was so nice to finally finally finally - after two months see aldi. so nice. She even picked me up from the bus and dealt with the fact that I needed to get up a 5 am to erg, lol. That first morning after I had gotten done ergin was a quintessentially pete morning. My essence if you will. I got to do all the things i love to do. Or. Perhaps it was the thing I love to do. Lol. After scald had to go off to work, which was lame, but what can ya do.... I got in the gret, who i've missed very much, and drove to whole foods :). There I grabbed a coffee, and in what I can most closely relate to strolling an outdoor European market I leisurely wandered the isles of the harbor east whole foods. Love doing this. There's alot of good stuff there, and though it IS a super market, it feels like a shade better than the huge conglomerate evil, lol. I mean organic may not necessarily be better by a ton, but it's better by a little at least. Got some yum stuff, there, oranges, apples, choco milk, bananas, natural pb, etc, yum! also broccolini, and some sweet (though salty in flavour) pecorino romano, and perhaps my fave pasta shape, orrichiette. And, a lb of fresh spinach. Needles to say we made an awesome dinner that night. enough about the food lol.

A couple of highlights:
The walters art museum, a sweet little-ish (by nyc standards) art museum that had some sweet stuff, like a room with armour, an awesome exhibit on japanese enamel. We were seriously hung over after seeing my buddy tom bellu the night before, but we managed to work our way through about 50% of the museum. We'll save the rest for another time.

I'd also say that seeing tom was a highlight, haven't seen him for a number of monthes, he's doing well I'd say, even if he's drinking ALOT.

Bowling... always a good time.

PHO. period. PHO.

Bmore is a seriously interesting city, neat mix of people from all over. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment